Bentley Cruises to Sixth Straight, 8-1 over Franklin Pierce
WALTHAM, Mass. – Bentley University won its sixth straight men's tennis match in convincing fashion Wednesday, 8-1 over Franklin Pierce to improve to 13-4 overall and 9-0 in the NE-10.
The win sets up a big final two matches of the regular season for the Falcons, who are tied atop the standings with Merrimack (9-0 NE-10) and lead Southern New Hampshire (9-1 NE-10) by a half-game. Bentley hosts Merrimack Thursday before facing the Penmen on the road in the regular season finale on Saturday. The results of those two matches will determine the NE-10 regular season champ and top-seed in the NE-10 Tournament.
Bentley won two of the three doubles matches and all six singles matches. Highlights were sophomore Jimmy Rindo (Lowell, Mass./Lowell) winning in second-flight singles 6-0, 6-2, and senior Alec Spycher (Sarasota, Fla./Saint Stephens Episcopal) winning the third-flight 6-0, 6-0.
At Waltham, Mass.
Bentley 8, Franklin Pierce 1
1. Ben Brewer/Patrick Gilhuly (FP) def. Raghav Tanna/Alec Spycher (BEN) 8-6
2. Jimmy Rindo/Rodrigo Ribeiro (BEN) def. Sam Aubin/Chris Brewer (FP) 8-0
1. Rodrigo Ribeiro (BEN) def. Patrick Gilhuly (FP) 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
2. Jimmy Rindo (BEN) def. Chris Brewer (FP) 6-0, 6-2
3. Alec Spycher (BEN) def. Andrew Wong (FP) 6-0, 6-0
4. Andrew Waddington (BEN) def. Ben Brewer (FP) 6-2, 6-3
5. Raghav Tanna (BEN) def. Sam Aubin (FP) 6-2, 6-1
6. Victor Suski (BEN) def. Tyler Colombo (FP) 8-3
Franklin Pierce 4-7, 3-7 NE-10
Bentley 13-4, 9-0 NE-10